Tuesday, May 26, 2009

EmpowerTech Luncheon June 23rd

When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. Recently we had to cancel our annual gala. I must be honest, never in all of my years in non-profit fundraising have I had to cancel an event, so this was a tough one for me to do. In some ways it was akin to me admitting defeat, throwing in the towel to this economy, and realizing that I am not superwoman. But the flip side to this is that I make one mean glass of lemonade! Due to the cancellation we were going to loose our deposit with the hotel, I WAS NOT going to let that happen! So I turned it around and created an 'educational' luncheon. In addition to a delicious lunch and supporting EmpowerTech. For $50.00 you will have the opportunity to learn from labor and employment law attorney Alfred Klein. Mr. Klein’s provocative and interactive program will dispel some of the misconceptions about labor issues pertaining to the employment of individuals with disabilities.Those who attend will receive their CRE and their MCLE. And yes we will be serving lemonade!
For more information contact our office 310-338-1597

No comments:

Post a Comment