Thursday, April 9, 2009

Joan's Personal Thank You

The first letter that any new Executive Director writes is always the hardest. The reasons are many: will they like my writing style without placing too much emphasis on the grammatical, will my words convey what I want to express without upsetting anyone, and will they even read my words. Here’s what I think, words matter. I think that we are as a nation fumbling for the language of the current times, but I have the perfect two little words. Thank You. If I were asked last year about becoming the leader of a team of assistive technology professionals my first word would be, what? I had no idea what assistive technology was. But I do now. And for this I say thank you to my team. Thank you Ally, for taking a chance with me and seeing what I saw in our student’s eyes, what an amazing development department we now have. Thank you Judy, for your passion, your strength to set out into our community with your lessons; touching not only our preschoolers every day but their parents as well. Thank you Eric for your endurance, patience and familiarity with your students that you see every day during TRADE, you have taught not only them but me as well. Thank you Bruce and Tom for always amazing me that even without full eyesight you have taught your students through touch to see the world differently, completely. Thank you Melody, for your guidance that you give our preschool students through your body language, I have learned much through shadowing you, I have never met anyone who can teach so well without words. Thank you, Chris for accepting a new challenge and jumping in so quickly to our daily routine, the students have taken to you very quickly. Thank you Joanne, for your knowledge, your compassion, being the overall keeper of the mission of EmpowerTech, it is true without you my words would not be on the page right now.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    side wheel attachment

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete